question

Tim avatar image
Tim asked

No temperature compensating n on firmware 1.46 on Blue solar

I have just downloaded the new firmware 1.46 for my Blue solar 75/15 and now the temperature compensation doesnt work. I am seeing voltage at the absorption voltage set point. If i remove temperature compensation nothing changes. If i drop the absorption voltage setting the voltage goes down. It doesnt matter how I set the temperature compensation, it has no effect. Help please

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
neoneddy avatar image
neoneddy answered ·

By any chance is it as cold where you are as it is here?... my float voltage is 28.2 temp compensated. It seemed high until I looked it up.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Tim. Unless you have external temp sensing set up, the mppt will determine it's program using it's own internal sensor. But only once per day, when it fires up in the morning.

So any changes you make to temp comp mightn't show til the next morning. You could simulate a new day by powering down the panels, but there's a min time involved there, deliberately to avoid effects of transient (serious) shade. I can't remember what that is, but if you can spare your panels for 30 min that might work.

If you're using VictronConnect for daily history that will foul your day count though.

That said, I noticed my own system return to a non-compensated Abs V after loading 1.46. It was minor for me, and returned to 'normal' the next day.

I can't see anything in the firmware changelogs relevant. Maybe just wait'n'see til tomorrow?

2 |3000

Tim avatar image
Tim answered ·

Opposite problem here in Spanish Virgin Islands. Its hot!

2 |3000