question

petermcgowan avatar image
petermcgowan asked

Quattro / LifePO4 / Below freezing / Shore Power pass-through?

Hello,

Does anybody know if the Quattro is clever enough to hold off on attempting to charge LifePO4 if they get too cold? (As I understand, attempting to charge cold LifePO4 is a bad idea). If not, and I turn it off, does anybody know if it will pass shore power through?

Thanks,

Peter

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
petermcgowan avatar image
petermcgowan answered ·

Answering my own question(s) in case someone finds it helpful. Re:Freezing and LifePO4 > My batteries have a BMS (Battery Management System) which will handle the cold temperatures and disable charging below 25F, so I don’t need to turn off the Quattro. Re: AC Pass-through > Quattro off will kill the AC outputs if it’s turned off. Further thoughts: Although I now know I can leave the Quattro on this did prompt me to consider how I might handle the scenario where the Quattro fails. I’m now planning to installing a 3-way transfer switch (Shore, Generator, Inverter) that allows Shore or Generator to be routed around the Quattro.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

Why don't you just turn off charging buy using the Victron Connect App. This way you can have just inverting or just pass though.

2 |3000