question

peter80 avatar image
peter80 asked

Impulse S12 voltage

My Impulse S12 charger is charging above 33 volts, setup is for 24 volt "wet" batteries.

Malfunction in the charger or is this normal?

voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Peter. In general terms, no, 33V isn't normal for FLA batts. Best not spend too much time there, and if you can top them up with water, do that too.

I'm unfamiliar with that device, so curiosity urged me on. Seems to be a specialty charger for mobility scooters? Not much info in the brochure or manual, except 'return to the dealer for adjustment'.

I spotted mention of 'dip switches' and software. The software (for pc) is available here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/software

But I can't say or see what you need to plug it in (usb??), nor where the dipswitch(es) are, or what they might do.

So consider this just a bump. Hopefully someone can chime in with something more useful..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peter80 avatar image
peter80 answered ·

Thanks for the quick response!

I stopped charging after 10 minutes, batteries are full to the max with water. Charger is indeed for electric scooters and information about the charger is very poor.

Dipswitches are set for the batteries with max 140 amps.

I can make a USB cable, but need a example or wiring diagram so I can read out the charger

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic