question

civcomp avatar image
civcomp asked

Mppt 100/50 not showing battery charge or state ?

Hi have a mppt 100/50 and a bmv 712 .

Using the victronconnect app.

Have opened the victron network and it shows that the bmv712 is transmitting battery charge and volts yet the 100/50 only shows battery voltage not the charge and state ? I would expect that the 100/50 would show the battery charge and state seeing the bmv712 is transmitting it. Do i have to set anything to make this work. ?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ยท

Hi C..

The Bmv only transmits temp and voltage data to the mppt.

Maybe something for the future....

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

civcomp avatar image
civcomp answered ยท

The app clips for the MPPT 100/50 clearly show the battery data filled in. After I purchased the MPPT and the data was not there, I was told that I had to buy the BMV 712 to get that data to show up. I wanted the battery data in the MPPT display as it is advertised.

2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ยท

@civcomp@bigpond.com, what do you mean by "display charge and state"? The MPPT will display (through the app) battery voltage and its own charge state -ie, whether it's in Bulk, Absorption, or Float- but of course it cannot display SOC or any charge being contributed by any other sources. The BMV tracks all charge sources and SOC and everything else, so long as it's connected correctly, and you can view that information on the app when you're connected to the BMV, but the BMV does not transmit that data to the MPPT.

Can you post a screenshot of what you're looking at that you believe to be incomplete or incorrect?

2 |3000

civcomp avatar image
civcomp answered ยท

4 screen shots as requested.

1 = the bmv

2 = the network section of the bmv that says volts and current are being transmitted.

3 = mppt showing 0 charge and no float, etc ?

4 = victronconnect app showing both mppt and bmv are working

bmv.jpg (3.5 MiB)
bmv-networking.jpg (5.0 MiB)
mppt.jpg (5.9 MiB)
victronconnect.jpg (3.1 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic โ™ฆ commented ยท

Hi C..

Re pic 2, Just because the bmv is transmitting current info, it does not mean the mppt will act on it. Check the mppt's VE Smart networking, and see what info it is receiving from the bmv.

Re pic 3, Your pv voltage at noon is 13.17v? That is too low and the mppt will not start charging. Check the bottom of the specs.

0 Likes 0 ยท