question

ygator avatar image
ygator asked

Firmware update stopped at 66%

How can I recover? Trying to leave app results in the message "Firmware update in progress, don't leave the current page or close the app during the process.". I have a smartsolar 100/20. upgrading to 1.46 from 1.39. Green/Yellow light alternating quickly.

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@YGator, how long has it been hung up? The 1.46 update can take a while... but if it's been more than a few minutes, close the app (you may need to force-close from your "all running apps" screen) and then restart the app and go back into the device and start the update over.

I've run into a hangup on the 1.46 update a couple of times and so far it's always recovered and been able to continue updating, so you should be fine.

A couple of notes: When updating, keep your phone as close to the MPPT as physically possible... it's a lot of data to send over BT and if you can literally set your phone on top of the MPPT to minimize the transmission difference, it will help. Also, make sure that your phone screen does not time out while performing the update, as screen timeout will throttle if not completely interrupt the BT connection to the MPPT and can cause update failures.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ygator avatar image
ygator answered ·

Against the dire warnings from the app I restarted the app and it updated fine.

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Yeah, the dire warnings are needed (because really bad things technically could happen) but fortunately there are also safeguards built into the FWs of these devices to -in most cases- prevent accidentally bricking them in case of interruption. Glad to hear it worked!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic