question

antonio-della-fiacca avatar image
antonio-della-fiacca asked

MPPT reset over Venus GX

Can I reset MPPT 75/15 to factory defaults by using Venus GX remote console?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

No, but using the option to send a file via device list in VRM is possible. I have never done this though

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

antonio-della-fiacca avatar image antonio-della-fiacca commented ·

Thanks for your answer Murray. I'm not sure which file I should send to put my MPPT back to operation? It failed (error 119) upon FW upgrade via Venus GX and I need to perform factory reset now.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Antonio della Fiacca

Unfortunately this is not yet possible. Updating firmware is, but this keeps the old settings.

7 comments
2 |3000

antonio-della-fiacca avatar image antonio-della-fiacca commented ·

Thanks for your answer Daniel. But is there any other way to reset an old MPPT 70/15, not accessible via VictronConnect SW, to factory defaults?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ antonio-della-fiacca commented ·

Why is it not accessible via VictronConnect?

0 Likes 0 ·
antonio-della-fiacca avatar image antonio-della-fiacca Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I tried, but my MPPT device is not listed there. VictronConnect manual says that the connection to MPPT 70/15 is not not supported.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ antonio-della-fiacca commented ·

Where does it state that? I just programmed a 75/15 myself (with ve.direct to USB cable).

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start

0 Likes 0 ·
antonio-della-fiacca avatar image antonio-della-fiacca Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Chapter 11, where all compatible MPPTs are listed. 75/15 is supported, but the old 70/15, which I have, unfortunately not. I assume that I will need to access it via old mpptprefs SW. Have you ever used it?

0 Likes 0 ·

@Antonio della Fiacca

My apologies, in your opening post you write 'Can I reset MPPT 75/15 to factory defaults' so I was thinking you had a 75 version.

Yes you need mpptprefs indeed.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks Daniel, but it seems I might have issues here with MPPT FW as well and there are no garanties factory reset will solve the issue. I am working in parallel with your colleague Guy Stewart for the solution.

0 Likes 0 ·