question

Steve avatar image
Steve asked

What is the latest update on bmv-712

How hard would it be for VictronEnergy to have a post, page, what ever... listing the latest updates for their devices and app?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

https://professional.victronenergy.com/accounts/login/?next=/dropbox/

Sign up and you have access to the latest firmware, release notes and other tools for all Victron products.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Steve avatar image Steve commented ·

Thank you. Did just that and found all revisions are up to date.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Steve, VictronConnect keeps track of all the latest firmware for you, so as long as you keep your app updated, the app will automatically update your devices with the very latest F/Ws as you connect to them.

For reference in this instance, the latest VictronConnect is 5.13

The latest BMV-712 Bluetooth F/W is 2.23

The latest BMV-712 device F/W is 4.03

4 comments
2 |3000

What is the difference between Bluetooth F/W and device F/W? I updated via Bluetooth and V4.03 is what is displayed in device revision. I still don't have an audible tone for alarms from the BMV-712. It's rather frustrating when you perform an update that's suppose to fix a bug and it doesn't.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ Steve commented ·

On all Victron Smart devices, the bluetooth module firmware updates separately from the actual device firmware, that's why there's separate F/W for each. So if you tap "Product Info" for your BMV-712 in VictronConnect, it'll actually show two different things: at the top will be "Product Battery monitor BMV-712 Smart", with the serial number, custom name, and F/W version; the second thing will be "Product BMV-7xx Smart Bluetooth Interface", with asterisked pin code, the F/W version, and the bootloader version.

Not sure about the audible alarm bug... last I checked the audible alarm was working on my test bench setup, but I'll test for it later and see if I come up with something.

0 Likes 0 ·
Steve avatar image Steve Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks you

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks Justin. Went there found it. I'm new to this forum.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gregory Cavanagh avatar image
Gregory Cavanagh answered ·

So i typed into google, Victron Release notes
Has the changes, what the latest version is etc
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta

1 comment
2 |3000

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·