question

moviecells avatar image
moviecells asked

Load outputs not working correctly after last update

Hi Seems load output on my MPPT 100/20 not working correctly after this last update done today V1.46 I updated both the 100/20 and my BMV 712 V4.03 and strange things are going on with the load output of the MPPT. I use it to remote power on my Victron inverter so if the battery is low it switches off.

Every time I connect to the MPPT via the VictronConnect program to monitor them via usb it turns the load output off then starts to cycle on and off every few minutes.

Been working fine for a year + I tried my user def algorithm that's set to off 11.8v and on 13.8v my currently battery is 98% SOC at 13.4v under full load when output is on. The a few minutes later the output turn off there is no way it going as low as 11.8v.

Tried presets con1 and con2 both show the same problem only one that seems to keep load output on is batterylife.

Going in and out of the VictronConnect on the PC causes the load output to switch every time too from on to off then back on. Also seeming loads of VictronConnect program lockups and crashes.

Need some help can't run my system at all like this.

Mike

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

9 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi all,

This should be fixed in fw 1.47. Version is not shipped in VictronConnect yet, so to install it, use either VRM Remote Firmware Update, or use the 'self supplier firmware file'-method in VictronConnect:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-firmware-update

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#updating_to_a_self-supplied_firmware_file

if there are still problems with 1.47, please let it know here (or if it's something else, in a new topic so things stay 'readable'

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@moviecells, this is an issue that I've also gotten reports of from my customers and I've managed to reproduce on my test bench; I've reported it to Victron and they're working on a fix for it. Until then, however, I feel it's worth pointing out that all Victron inverters have their own customizable low-voltage disconnect settings, so you don't need to use the MPPT "load out" low voltage to remotely trigger it.

If you connect your VE.Direct to USB Interface to the VE.Direct port on the inverter and then start VictronConnect, you can go into the inverter settings and set your low-voltage disconnect and reconnect values directly on the inverter (just click on the displayed value and you'll get a pop-up dialogue box in which you can set your own value to the 100th of a volt); this will remedy your immediate issue as well as make your install cleaner by removing some unnecessary wires between your MPPT and your inverter!

If you have a VE.Direct Bluetooth dongle, you can connect the dongle to the inverter over BT and perform the same operation as above using VictronConnect on your phone.

2 |3000

moviecells avatar image
moviecells answered ·

Hi Justin

Thanks for the info and confirming I not going mad this this strange bug. Sorry to say my inverter is the older Phoenix non VE type so I can't make any changes to the cut off and the default cut out is very low 9.2v and I don't like taking my batteries that low.

Mike

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

@moviecells, ah I see the issue. One thing that may be affecting your load output behavior is the "streetlight" setting... can you confirm that the "streetlight" setting is turned off on your MPPT?

0 Likes 0 ·
jlyn01 avatar image
jlyn01 answered ·

Hello, i am having the same trouble so is there any news about an update ?

Regards Jørgen

2 |3000

cholmesy avatar image
cholmesy answered ·

Hi im having the same issue too.

After update to v1.46 my load output keeps toggling from On-off.

I have 2 of these units both running bd35 compressors off the load terminals, after working perfectly over 12 months this last update has crippled my setup. looking forward to hearing a solution for this one.

2 |3000

jlyn01 avatar image
jlyn01 answered ·

This is still a problem,

When can i exspect victron to do something about it

Regards Jørgen

2 |3000

cholmesy avatar image
cholmesy answered ·

Hi all finally got this sorted through my Victron dealer. Apparently my model‘s had a hardware issue which was causing the problem, Victorn sent me a Beta firmware version of v1.47 which did not rectify the problem. They replaced my 2 units under warranty so happy with their service in this case.

2 |3000

alexandru-dinu avatar image
alexandru-dinu answered ·

Any news about this ? I have the same issue, my 75 / 15 MPPT will not cut off at the defined voltage after the update, it's been months !

2 |3000

alecolin avatar image
alecolin answered ·

I change 2 smartsolar for this reason and in my case it is not working. Load output only works if I set always on or off. If I try user Def. Alg and I set for example off<13v and on>14V even if I wait 2 or more minutes it stay on. Any idea to solve? I prefer not trying to change again the smartsolar but I can not believe that this is a bug never solved..

2 |3000