question

Tim Chapman avatar image
Tim Chapman asked

Confused about SVS in the DVCC documentation

I have an all Victron system on my boat comprising a Victron LFP Smart battery, Multiplus, VE Bus BMS, Venus GX, BMV712 and 2 Victron MPPT solar controllers.

My question is about whether to enable Smart Voltage Sensing in the DVCC settings on the Venus GX.

The table in section 4.1 of the CCGX manual suggests that SVS should be disabled but later in section 4.4 of the manual the implication is that it would be beneficial.

Can anyone please clarify?

Thanks

DVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@Tim Chapman From personal experience with Lithium, I have only installed batteries with their own integrated BMS's and leave SVS off as there could only really be one source of truth. For me that should be the battery as it actually knows each individual cell's voltage and the BMS manages things from there. I think you will find that SVS will pick the BMS in any case so ... In your case, leave it off as per the table.

1572681808076.png (150.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources