question

dan avatar image
dan asked

No load output after unsure update

Hi all, my last update yesterday failed.

on retrial it updated successfully, then it wanted to do another.

Now I have no load output, everything else seems ok, except I don't see a blue light on bulk charge mode.

I've reset battery default, dissconected mppt by fuse and solar input, rebooted phone.

Help please.

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Dan, please specify what device you're inquiring about? I'm assuming one of the smaller MPPTs... that being said, your first update will be for the Bluetooth module, then the second update will be for the device firmware itself. When you reconnect to your device in VictronConnect, tap on "settings" and then "device info" (both at upper right corner) and check your Bluetooth and device firmware versions. Assuming you've one of the smaller MPPTs, your current BT version should be 2.23 and your current device FW version should be 1.46.

Obviously you'll need to reconnect the MPPT to your battery to power it up. After you've checked those things, then go into your settings and look under "load output" and see if your FW update perhaps turned it off. If not, perhaps post some pictures of your setup or screenshots of your VC app or something to give us some detail to work with in trying to advise on your problem.

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dan avatar image dan commented ·

Hi Justin, sorry, mppt 15/75

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ dan commented ·

Okay, so that's all correct then. Now, as for the second bit, what does it show under Settings>Load Output?

0 Likes 0 ·
dan avatar image dan Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Battery life

0 Likes 0 ·

Not sure what Nissan means.

0 Likes 0 ·

"nissan" is apparently what you've named your VE.Smart network?

0 Likes 0 ·

Its on Battery life

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Dan... So, do you still have various components disconnected or with the fuses taken out, or are you now completely reconnected? I'm just seeing several odd things here. I'd say the easiest thing to immediately try is to just set your load out to "always on" and see if the load output turns on. The problem with using the BatterySafe setting is that if you have anything in your system currently disconnected, the BatterySafe algorithm might interpret that as a fault and turn off your load out to prevent a load from over-discharging the battery. I see that you have the MPPT configured on a VE.Smart network with the Smart BatterySense, but the values there appear normal... I'm just a little confused as to why you're showing 20.98v at the PV but 0 current... usually in "float" there's at least a tenth of an amp or so.

...as for your blue light not being on, that's because the controller appears to be in float, not bulk... If your batteries are running this voltage, your controller will skip right over the bulk stage because they're already fully charged, so you won't see the blue "bulk" light come on at all.

8 comments
2 |3000

All connected, I have selected( always on) and no diff, the reason you see some irregular voltage etc is I changed battery charge from user( float 13.5v @ 20deg) to default and back again, that's why I thought the bulk light didn't work I saw it go from bulk to absorption to float while I was watching the mppt lights.

You can see what I mean in that pic 13.53 @ 24 deg means it wont charge until the voltage drops below 13.5v.

But having said that I wanted to retested the battery settings from my standby voltage 13.5v to factory again to check the bulk charge light issue and was surprised to see high amp charge but setting displayed float. Attached.

0 Likes 0 ·

Don't want to confuse further but it just charged hard from 13.5v up to 13.8v which is the default setting and did it in float setting.

0 Likes 0 ·

Charging now on user setting 13.52v

0 Likes 0 ·

Do you have any info that I can try to fix this issue, apart from connecting directly to the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·

Unfortunately not yet; I've been unable to replicate the issue on my end, which is what I rely on to be able to suggest workarounds or fixes... I see this issue being reported elsewhere though as well, so I'm wondering if it's a bug with a particular MPPT production run or something... I've been hunting around the warehouse for an '18 model (your device manufacture year) to try to replicate the problem on, as so far all five '19 models I've tried work perfectly on the load out -and continue to work after the F/W update.

I will get back with you if/when I have any further insight to offer!

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks for the reply, in the meantime is reversing the update possible

0 Likes 0 ·

Negative, to the best of my knowledge F/W reversals are not possible.

0 Likes 0 ·

Justin, you want me to wait untill (if )you have a remedy.

So ill just throw it in the bin and buy another mppt.

0 Likes 0 ·
li-tech avatar image
li-tech answered ·

I have just upgraded the firmware with a SmartSolar 100/20 but had already upgraded the new controllers to BT2.25 & v1.56.

Yesterday on a systems check on the installation the controller wanted to upgrade from v1.56 to latest and afterwards the Load Turned Off and tried any setting on Load Output but still shows as Off with a 13.7V 75% fully charged battery and two 200W solar panels. 0V on Load Output.

Was working fine before the update as downloaded history etc.

The controller is still showing the solar panels charging.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic