question

donatelloxx avatar image
donatelloxx asked

Multiplus 2 with two types of batteries

I have two different Batteries left for using it with MultiPlus.

One is a 14S Li-Ion (48V/40Ah) and the other is a Lead-Acid from a Forklift (48V, 150Ah).

What is the best way to use this batteries with Multiplus 2?

• One Multiplus 2 and connect the batteries together on dc side? (Seems weird because of different (dis)charging-curves)

• A Multiplus 2 for each battery. But how to Configure them?

Best Regards

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@DonatelloXX If you search this topic in the forum, it was discussed a couple of times. Don't mix different battery types or sizes. If you are contemplating adding another MP, rather put the money towards another lithium and maybe sell the lead acid. Lithium has much greater DOD, charges very fast and typically will have an internal bms so can eliminate the need for other equipment like bmv's etc.

At least that is my thinking as I personally run a 4kWh (off grid) and 8.8kWh (ESS) on two sites with lithium and they never fail to blow my mind.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

donatelloxx avatar image
donatelloxx answered ·

@ejrossouw Ok. Good Point. But is it possible to run 2 independent systems behind one powermeter? I else could split my loads to to 2 near same loads. With a powermeter for each system.

2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@DonatelloXX I don't know the answer, but since the MPII is bi-directional, I suspect you will run into trouble somewhere if not configured correctly in parallel and don't expect your victron dealer to honour your warranty either.

2 |3000