question

jerrodbd avatar image
jerrodbd asked

MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 120V / BPC GX Setup

I have recently installed a 12/3000/120-50 120V MultiPlus II and Blue Power Controller GX remote panel. the BPC GX connects to the MultiPlus but continuously states Initialising under Device List. Im able to adjust settings under the local settings menu and thats about it. what am i missing? I expected to be able to adjust the MultiPlus settings from the BPC GX panel

Multiplus-IIblue power panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Vihann avatar image
Vihann answered ·

do you only have the Inverter and the BPC GX?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jerrodbd avatar image jerrodbd commented ·

CJtechSupport at this point yes, I am in the process of adding a MPPT 100/50 that will be online in the next couple weeks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Jerrodbd@gmail.com

The BPP is a very old product, and I don't have experience with it, but reading the manual, I think it has to do with the access level, if it is set to 'user' you cannot change settings.

See chapter 4.1 of the manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-BPP2-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE.pdf

3 comments
2 |3000

Daniel Boekel

Thanks for the reply, I am certainly going to attempt that. still curious to know why it continuously states initialising and does not display the information on the home page (voltage, amperage, etc.) . Do i need to update the firmware to the latest version?

0 Likes 0 ·

Daniel Boekel

I just checked the access level settings and it is set for user and install which is supposed to allow access to the Multiplus settings. I am leaning towards a firmware issue, what are your thoughts?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ jerrodbd commented ·

I'm sorry @Jerrodbd@gmail.com, i don't know the answer to that.

I'd really advice to use a Color Control GX instead, as that has so much more functions and connection possibilities.

For connecting the MPPT you can't use the BPP.

Maybe your supplier is willing to trade back the BPP?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic