question

deft-electrical avatar image
deft-electrical asked

MPPT 100/20 wont switch off load at setpoint

Hello. I setup manual high and low voltage set points to turn the load output off to my fridge for testing. The voltage can go well below the setpoint for any period of time (over 2 minutes) and it will remain on. It does work by forcing it with always on or always off. This will not be ok for lithium batteries.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Did you removed the jumper from the VE.direct port at the bottom? This jumper will overrule the settings via the app.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

deft-electrical avatar image deft-electrical commented ·

Thanks! This worked! The odd thing is all the other settings I fiddled with appeared to work besides the load output settings.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ deft-electrical commented ·

The jumper is only for the behavior of the load output and it is described in the manual.

So instead to blame Victron for a bad customer service you might just read the manual first. Victron don't have a end-user support. In this forum are end-users helping each other it's not directly for end-user <-> Victron communication.
https://www.victronenergy.com/support

0 Likes 0 ·
mppt-jumper.jpg (45.7 KiB)
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hello @Deft electrical

Firstly, this is not a Victron support website and you should follow the formal channel if you require support. Can you please elaborate a bit more on the full system configuration as without knowing battery type, inverter, ESS., if firmware is up to date etc, you will struggle to get a response. Have you tried a forum search as well?

2 |3000