question

Sparkit Electronics avatar image
Sparkit Electronics asked

12/500 LED unknown fault indication

Hi, My 12/500 phoenix inverter has the red and green leds flashing alternately at a steady rate when I power on, the unit wont power up 240V and the bluetooth dongle just says it is off (I can login and change settings- nothing happens though).

What does this LED sequence indicate? I have checked the battery connections and voltage and everything checks out OK, the manual doesnt show this flash code for the leds.

led
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Sparkit Electronics, what's happening depends entirely on how exactly the red and green LEDs are flashing... if the green flashes twice for every once the red flashes, then it means that the inverter is off and waiting because it's seeing a low battery. There are also similar codes that mean it's seeing a high battery, or high temperature... or other things. Those little LED codes are tricky.

Recommend that you download the Victron Toolkit app here: https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/software (scroll down until you see the download for the Victron Toolkit App); this app has, among other things, an LED code definition database where you select your device and then you can scroll through the various error code definitions, shown graphically by flashing LEDs on the device you select, until you find the one that matches what you're seeing.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Sparkit Electronics avatar image Sparkit Electronics commented ·

Thanks for that, I forgot to check back for an answer, I needed a working unit quickly so I bought another one, code indicates a hardware fault in the unit so will have to look at repairing it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic