question

sandtracks avatar image
sandtracks asked

MPPT 100/30 show voltage only when vehicle running

I am getting intermittent problem that the app sometimes do not show watts and amps only voltage watts and amps indicates 0. It seems the problem only happens when my vehicle engine is running when engine switched off it gives readings for watts, volts and amps. The controller is in an aluminium canopy on my truck back delivering power to a 105AH AGM battery in a National Luna portable power pack.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@sandtracks, I'm afraid you'll need to give us a lot more detail for any of us to be able to help you; particularly, how is this controller connected, what PV panels are connected to it, and etc... a rough schematic would be extremely useful. The controller should be connected to your PV panels on one side and the battery on the other side, so there should be literally zero connection to whether or not your truck is running... so something in your connection must be other than as per the manufacturer instructions... the trick now is figuring out what you have and how you connected it, which we can't do unless you describe it or post pictures or a schematic or something to work with.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.