question

jpsurf avatar image
jpsurf asked

Settings victron mppt 75/10 for lithium battery

I am not an expert... I changed the battery to lithium in my camper. Do I have to change any settings of the charge controller? If yes what is the easiest and cheapest way to do this?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
adev avatar image
adev answered ·

Yes you need to change the charge setting to lithium or set the parameters manually

Do you have Bluetooth connectivity on your MPPT (smart solar has built in Bluetooth, bluesolar needs a separate Bluetooth dongle.

If you have that you can download the victron connect app to your phone or tablet and use that to connect and change the settings.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jpsurf avatar image
jpsurf answered ·

I have bluesolar version without bluetooth. Do i really have to buy the dongle for once changing the settings? Thats nearly so expensive as the whole charger.

2 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

"Thats nearly so expensive as the whole charger."

How expen$ive are your batteries?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

You can also use the VE.direct to USB cable.

0 Likes 0 ·
friaras avatar image
friaras answered ·

Within the Victron App there is a preset that will work for lithium very well, be advice that slight modifications can improve your battery life.

2 |3000