question

mattfr avatar image
mattfr asked

Multiplus 2 trips breaker

My Multiplus 2 has started tripping the supply 40A power breaker, in full mode or charger only mode. The only connection is to the AC IN, no load. It had previously been working OK. At power on the mains light comes up, but when the internal relay operates the breaker trips. Any ideas?

faulty multiplus 2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What about the connection to the battery?

Maybe a blown fuse?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@MattFR please provide the Breaker type MCB RCD RCBO AFDD? Are you in the UK?

2 |3000

mattfr avatar image
mattfr answered ·

There are two breakers, 32A type B mcb on a ring final circuit in the workshop where the Multi is plugged in, fed from a 40A type B mcb on the house consumer unit. Both trip when the Multi relay pulls in. I was running it without this problem the day before, so it makes me suspect the Multi, as I'm not aware of any other changes.

2 |3000

mattfr avatar image
mattfr answered ·

Oh, yes, I'm in the UK.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic