question

markinaboat avatar image
markinaboat asked

Phoenix Remote Panel sequential light display and inverter/charger not powering up.

Hi,

On a narrowboat with a well installed system by a top boat builder in 2006.

If I power off the inverter/charger, when I switch it back on, lights flash very quickly (on then off) but the remote panel's lights (2 x vertical rows) light up sequentially right to left and this process continues. I resolved this the first time with a good old fashioned heavy knock to the main unit and it worked but cpild of course have been coincidental. Then this happened again a couple of days ago (I'd isolated the power to get inside the unit to check for the temp. lead). Whether coincidence or not I don't know, but a few swift turns of the heavy isolation lever for the inverter/charger supply resolved this.

Does this sequential light display on the remote indicate a an insufficient power supply issue?

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Not sure but you could try using a short /new cable to confirm this. Could be contact over the years have gone worse.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markinaboat avatar image
markinaboat answered ·

Thanks Johannes - I can't find anywhere what the sequential lighting up of the remote panel lamps indicates. Is this something that your techies could answer?

Thanks again,

Mark

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic