question

tonka avatar image
tonka asked

Keep 2 batteries connected to ip22 for long period

Hi guys,

I have two 12V AGM batteries connected to my ip22 30/3. They will be left connected for weeks, perhaps months. Is that ok?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Tonka. Pretty clever device, that one. It's designed to drop to storage mode (13.2V), when the batts are idle, then stir them up a bit once per week.

"The storage mode kicks in whenever the battery has not been subjected to discharge during 24 hours. In the storage mode float voltage is reduced to 2,2V/cell (13,2V for a 12V battery) to minimize gassing and corrosion of the positive plates. Once a week the voltage is raised back to the absorption level to ‘equalize’ the battery. This feature prevents stratification of the electrolyte and sulfation, a major cause of early battery failure."

Be nice to test it yourself for a couple days to check it does what you want, but it should be fine.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tonka avatar image tonka commented ·

It’s in storage mode now. So that’s good. But it’s more about the possible difference between the two batteries. Does it apply the storage load to both batteries equally. Will it matter to the ip22 if a balancer is connected during charging?

The multi battery charging is a topic that keeps me busy.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic