question

time2lose avatar image
time2lose asked

2021 75/15 MPPT terminal screw specs?

Hey folks —

I’ve got a BlueSolar 75/15 MPPT from 2021 (HQ21 serial) and one of the terminal screws was missing when it arrived. I have a long screw that fits the threads but would like to know what the replacement exact screw is for these terminals.

Contacted the dealer to get one in the mail, but have waited a long time, so not sure it’s coming.

Second, I have a SmartSolar 75/15 from 2022 where the wire compression mechanism refuses to slide when the terminal screw is turned and I begin to feel resistance. Based on what I can see it’s bound up in the rear of the block, so probably not something fixable?

Any assistance is appreciated! :)

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
time2lose avatar image
time2lose answered ·

For what it’s worth, I found that a size M3 x 8mm torx head screw worked OK for this, but is a bit snug. Annoying to need two bits but at least I can use that terminal again. Just happened upon these small metric screws in the toolbox and tried some longer ones first.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.