question

mcl avatar image
mcl asked

Multiplus II unable to detect dropped-off battery

Hi folks,

I have an ESS consisting of one Multiplus II 48/3000/35 which stores the energy inside currently one (planned three in parallel) automotive LiIon Batteries with Jikong-BMS. Because I was not able to find a solution how to connect the BMS with the ESS ( my BMS only speaks serial Jikong protocol and has no working CAN ) the charger was set to estimate the SOC from batt-voltage only.

Today I was observing a very long time at the display "100% full, float..." The Multiplus showed sometimes float sometimes absorb LED. Because there was no change in shown values I inspected the Batt-storage and found a burned fuse at batt-output.

This means the Multiplus could not detect that there was no battery connected anymore and measured back its own output voltage as batt-level.

Ist this a defect or is it normal behave from Multiplus II?

Thanks in advance

-- jens

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Sounds about right, In an ESS you would usually install a shunt as the built in monitor just isn’t suited for that role as it can’t measure any solar chargers, I would suggest you add one.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mcl avatar image mcl commented ·

Good advice. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·