question

blond2silver avatar image
blond2silver asked

DVCC Shared Temperature Sense "STS" or VE Smart Networking for BMV-712 and MPPT integration

Since the DVCC procedures/instructions are TBD regarding shared temperature sense "STS", what would be the best method of configuring MPPT battery charging on temperature cutoff:

• Using the CCGX DVCC option for STS by way of the BMV-712 battery temperature sensor as source, and setting the MPPT to cutoff parameter for 0 degree Celsius (32 degree Fahrenheit)?
  • Or configuring VE Smart Networking to join the BMV-712 to the MPPT to cutoff solar charging batteries for the same temperature settings as aforementioned?
DVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Both methods will work well, but the hardwired option via DVCC SVS / STS is a bit better and my recommendation if you have the option available.

Also maybe just give it a quick test after activation by temporarily setting a higher cut off temperature to prove that it all works as intended.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

blond2silver avatar image
blond2silver answered ·

Thanks Mark for the tip on how to test.. Leveraging the CCGX as the gateway, and with enabling DVCC as a controller I would agree is better integration - looking for software solution works without having to find a solution based on electro mechanical relay.

I set the MPPT cutoff temperature to 50 degree Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celsius), which is the max value. I'll post back on findings.

2 |3000

Related Resources