question

marcoherbst avatar image
marcoherbst asked

Is there a timer setting on MPPT to turn load on/off by clock hours?

I have a Victron MPPT 100/50. I have looked at Victron Connect and seen the various options to turn on & off including Streetlight setting.

What I wanted was to set a clock hour to turn on & off supply to the load.

I don't see any place to set that option, either in VictonConnnect or in MPPTPrefs

I also see that my device does not have separate load connectors, but understand that I can attach a relay and control it that way.

Is there such a setting? Or an ability to manually program it? The reason is that I want my system (a time-lapse camera) shut down at night and it does not have a self-timer.

If necessary, I am happy to buy a different Victron solar controller, as the 100/50 is larger than what I need.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

No, there isn't a clock built in to the MPPT, so it's not possible to set time based alarms.
There is just basic dusk and dawn detection.

It's only the smaller controllers which have Load Output, but like you said, you can control an external relay.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual