question

Russell Thomson avatar image

Help with designing a system to go with my LifePo4 batteries

Hi Guys,

I'm new here so be gentle..

I currently have a 5kw PV system with a Solar charge controller/Inverter. Using what we can but the rest goes back to the grid.

I would like to add some LifePo4 batteries that I have and need some help to integrate them.

My list so far is...

Multiplus 24/300/70

BMS123 Smart

BMV-712

Colour Control

Bluetooth Dongle

The bit im struggling with is connecting the BMS to the Victron gear? Do I need to use Battery Protect's for disconnects?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Russ

Multiplus-II
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Rob Fijn avatar image

Hello, you need the Lithium assistant function in the multi

Best regards,

Rob

2 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Excuse my ignorance..

Is this something I download and upload to the Multi?

If so where would I find it?

Cheers

Hello Russell,

Yes, you would need this assistant.

See this picture.

1571226264087.png (33.8 KiB)
nebulight avatar image

If you have no DC loads and just AC, then you can use the two wire assistant with the multiplus.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-Connecting-other-lithium-battery-systems-to-Multis-and-Quattros-EN.pdf

However you'd probably want to setup an ESS and I'm not sure how the ESS will work with the two wire. Maybe someone else can chime in.