question

offshore avatar image
offshore asked

Quattro Wrong AC Input current

Hi iam using Victron for a long time and i used the following configuration on multiple boats for a couple of years:

• 2x Victron Quattro 80000VA in parallel single phase 230V 50Hz
  • Shore Power (32A) is going to AC2 Input to both Inverters
  • Generator Power (80A) is going to AC1 Input to both Inverters

Everything was working fine, til an Inverter update was done. Now the two inverters are not taking the full 32A from Shore Power, even if i set the shore power input current to 50A, the maximum current draw is only 28,8A. And even this 28,8A are "fake" in my opinion.

If you see the attached picture for Shore Power is written 214V x 28,6V = 6120W, but i take only 5435W from the Shore!? Before this was 100% accurate.

I uploaded again the new/old VE Configuration for both Quattros in parallel, but it didnt helped.

The problem is now, this setup is installed on a boat, before the Inverter update, the Crew was able for the last two years to run the Aircondition and the hot plates from the cooker at the same time. The hot plates are connected to the Inverter Output that is only available if Shore/Generator is available. Now if they are using the hot plates when the Shore Power is plugged in, the hot plates are not working, the input current shown on the Cerbo GX is jumping up and down. In the past the Inverter was taking around 7000W (32A) from the Shore and was delivering +5000V out of the batteries and everything was working fine. When the Generator is running, there is no problem to use the hotplates.

I have the feeling, that both Inverters are not working realy in parallel, since i uploaded the Config remotely. I quess that if i would upload the configuration with a MK3 USB interface wehen iam on side, then maybe this problem is solved?

The first picture shows when the hotplates are ON the Inverter is going into Assisting mode, but its taking only 4157W from the Shore. Note the Hotplates are consuming +5000W but they where not working, the hotplates starts for 0,1s to heat the plate and then stops, then heats again and so on.

The second picture shows when the hotplates are OFF, then i take more from the Shore Power?

9014.jpg

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
9014.jpg (231.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
offshore avatar image
offshore answered ·

Please have a look to these pictures, the Overview shows an Input current from 38,2A (input current limit is set only to 32)

The Inverter shows at the same time a input current of 31,5A (which would be ok) but why in the world is the Inverter only taking 5300W from the Shore? 31,5A x 215V = 6772,5W (around 7000W would be ok, 5300W is not ok)

Is there a way that a Victron expert can remotely check the system?

9014-2.jpg

9014-2.jpg (218.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.