question

roemerdesign avatar image
roemerdesign asked

Multiplus Compact 12/1600/70: AC dropouts when battery is fully charged

I have the problem that the 230V/AC output is interrupted for a short time during charging and when the full capacity of the connected batteries is reached, thus switching off the connected computer.

The devices are as follows:

- Multiplus Compact 12/1600/70

- Batteries 2x Liontron 200Ah LiFePo4 12,8V with built-in BMS

- Consumption: 1 Mac Pro and 3 hard disks, consumption approx. 100 - 250 Watt

I have tested it with an absorption voltage of 14.4 and 14.1 volts on the Multiplus, it is always the same problem.

What am I doing wrong or what can I do to fix it?

Thank you very much for your help,

Axel

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @roemerdesign

Without more information, I'm guessing:

-Battery disconnects due to cell overvoltage internally

-Multi sees too high DC voltage and / or High DC ripple and shuts down.

Try an even lower charge voltage (13.8?) for a while until the batteries are properly balanced.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

roemerdesign avatar image
roemerdesign answered ·

Hi, Daniel,

thank you very much for your answer! I don't think the problem will occur at even lower charging voltages, because even at 14.1 volts just before reaching 100% charging capacity, the voltage quickly rose above 14.1 volts. I took this from the values of the Bluetooth interface of the battery via the mobile phone.

Well, in a few days I finally get the BMV-712 with shunt and hope to understand the problem better.

Is there a device from Victron Energy that causes the Multiplus to stop charging shortly before reaching 100% battery capacity? Would this be possible with the BMV-712 via the VE.Bus?

I hope my questions are not too stupid...!

Thank you very much for your effort,

Axel

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Axel

The problem is that the batteries disconnect, just charge to a lower voltage.

0 Likes 0 ·