question

teecomp avatar image
teecomp asked

Quattro not bulk charging

I recently installed a Quattro 48/5000/70 to charge my 2 yr old 48v bank on my sailboat. The bank is a high quality, US based distributor of LiFeP04 3.2v cells with a Daly 400amp nonsmart BMS (I know this is not recommended or supported). The battery bank neg goes directly to shunt and the load side of the shunt has two wires , one leaving to the bms and the other going to the Quattro. I have a Delta-Q 1200 charger that has worked for 2 years with my current setup but it is limited to 24amps charging capacity and I wanted the Quattro to reduce generator run time. I have a 5.5kw generator connected to L1 input. Inverter works great. I have been unable to get the charger to engage bulk charging for more than a minute, on a few occasions, even if I try to force bulk by tuning on/off quickly. I have a cerbo gx and smartshunt in the setup as well. I would greatly appreciate any troubleshooting help.

IMG_0021.jpgIMG_0022.jpgIMG_0023.jpgIMG_0024.jpg

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
img-0021.jpg (119.8 KiB)
img-0022.jpg (114.4 KiB)
img-0023.jpg (113.1 KiB)
img-0024.jpg (121.4 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@teecomp

Program for solar/wind priority then you can get it to charge up on demand.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:solar-and-wind-priority

Also check on the GX under system set up and make sure that the Shunt is set as the battery monitor.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers