question

troettinger avatar image
troettinger asked

Phoenix 12 250V red led when connected to the grid

I have a Phoenix inverter 12 250 connected to the load output of my mppt 75/15.

it works great when I test a simple device but when I connect it to the house power to have energy floating into the house the led turns permanent red.

What am I missing?

Should I connect it to the battery directly instead of the load Output?

Did I miss match the Phase because I use a schucko connector for injecting into the house?

Or did is the 12 250v just not the right device aka too small? Sine I only use 2 x200 watt panels I thought this would be a great match.

thank you all in advance for any hints

inverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

The Phoenix is a stand alone, off grid inverter and is not designed to connect to the grid.

It sounds like you are looking for an ESS system, this requires a MultiPlus.

More info is here - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:design-installation-manual

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hey whoah up. This reads like you're trying to inject inverter power into an already powered house?

Won't matter which phase you're on, it won't work, and is highly dangerous.

And if your schuko is an exposed pin thing, in my country those are called 'suicide plugs', for good reason.

Hopefully I'm reading this wrong.. please confirm..

2 |3000

troettinger avatar image
troettinger answered ·

Thank you for the pointers.

Will check that out.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic