question

Tony avatar image
Tony asked

Smart Solar MPPT 250/100

Hi,

According to the manual the SS 250/100 CC has a nominal max wattage of 5800w and if more PV power is connected, the controller will limit input power. The panels I would like to use add up to 5920 watts The volts and amps are well within spec. Is that going to be OK?

The panels will normally be fixed at the Winter Setting which may mean I will never get the full output from the panels and hence never go over the nominal max PV power . Is that a good theory?

Many thanks

Tony

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Phil Gavin avatar image
Phil Gavin answered ·

Yes. Once you've done it, monitor the peaks and you'll probably find you could even add more.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tony avatar image Tony commented ·

Thanks, That is what I was hoping would be the answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

I'll add to make sure that you stay within the input voltage limit (250v on the 250/100), as that is a very hard limit and is not self-limiting - leave yourself a safety margin on your input voltage calcs so you don't inadvertently jump to 260v on a super clear sunny day and damage the controller. The input current (amps) will be okay because the controller self-limits input amperage if necessary - though obviously you don't want to be too far over the 100A input because then you're just wasting harvest.

2 |3000