question

canyonjyd avatar image
canyonjyd asked

Trying to get wireless switching of outlets using BMV712 relay

I would like to have wireless switching of some outlets in the house using the built in BMV712 relay and not have to hard wire a new circuit to the house from the solar shed. Do not want smart home systems or requiring internet for it to function. Is there a bluetooth or wifi control out there that will do this plug and play? All my searching has only produced "smart" products that are controlled through an app. Is there a commercially produced product? Not looking to make something using Arduino or Raspberry.

I have installed a small air conditioner in the shed using the built in BMV relay to control a 15A DIN rail relay to switch the 120VAC. It turns the outlet for the air conditioner on and off based on battery voltage setpoints and works well. Trying to do the same for the house with wireless control.

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Sten avatar image
Sten answered ·

If you only have the bmv712 to do it i think you will have to build something pretty much from scratch. If you have a gx device in your system you could use shelly plugs an programming in node red. So to do this i can't se any other way than with lan network.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic