question

ako avatar image
ako asked

MPPT settings and Multiplus charging problem 24/5000/120

Finally got friends Multiplus connected to his new Lithium batteries which he fully charged first . re programmed the 150/75 MPPT to Lithium pre-set but the smaller 100/50 MPPT had slightly different menu option for pre sets but it wouldn't accept it , i selected pre sets and then clicked on the Lifepo4 an when i exited it went back to User Defined , no matter how many times i tried it jt wouldn't accept it , everything else was greyed out so there wasn't anything else to press to save it , ended up using the User Defines and setting it Manualy

Next was the Multiplus , for some reason when the generator was started the multiplus would was passing through the current but would not go into Charger mode , clicked every so often but didn't latch on , noticed when something in the house was turned on it would change to charge for a sort time , that seemed to be the pattern , the batteries were 100% but i expected it to have remained on Charge but in Float mode .

Am i missing something simple in both cases .

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@AKO

Presumably you did all the firmware updates?

0 Likes 0 ·
ako avatar image ako Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Yes , first thing as soon as i plugged in the MK-3 , went from version 408 to well over 500

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ ako commented ·

MPPT updates?

Presumably been through the genset FAQ?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

0 Likes 0 ·
ako avatar image ako nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

I had read the Generator page before to successful set up my own 1200 Multiplus and 1600 Multiplus Compact to run from an undersize generator . Friend was using his generator yesterday , the same generator he has used for 7 years charging Lead Acid batteries which were not holding voltages and worn out so the Inverter was always showing Charge when it was running . The settings i changed were Reduce Absorption Voltage to 28.8v , Float down to 27v , Disabling Equalization and Disabling Temperature Compensation and Enabling Low Temperature Cut Off at 5c and ticking the Lithium box and Changing Absorption time from Fixed to Adaptive .

Tried selecting Charger Only and made no difference , put meter on input and output and both had correct AC voltage showing .

0 Likes 0 ·
ako avatar image ako ako commented ·

On the MPPT issue . I just tried the Victron Connect Demo for MPPT 100/50 and its the same , when i selected Lithium everything's greyed out and it wont save , it stays in the setting its was set at which in that instance it Rotary Switch , same o both MPPTs , think im missing a step or something needs to be selected first other than Volage

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers