question

kaikane avatar image
kaikane asked

How to find firmware upgrade option on MultiPlus II

Plugged in MK3-USB to Multiplus II as only VE.Bus to upgrade firmware from v492 to v506 or later. Able to reach the Product Info page on VictronConnect but there isn't the option "Update" visible on the page.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kaikane avatar image
kaikane answered ·

multiplus-ii-upgrade-attempt.jpg

Here is the current status.

3 comments
2 |3000

kaikane avatar image kaikane commented ·
Note the previous page had the menu option "Enable Settings" but it requires a code provided to installers who've completed the Victron course certification (I don't have). Is this required to obtain a firmware upgrade? Seems too rigid for a product installation that is on its initial commissioning. I hope that isn't the issue.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ kaikane commented ·
Yes, you have to enable the code to unlock updates. This was to ensure people had done the required research (and ideally training) before tackling tasks usually left to installers.

It doesn't take much searching to find, but we may not share these here.

0 Likes 0 ·
kaikane avatar image kaikane nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks, nickdb. I've done most of them already. I'll get the code.This still seems too restrictive a requirement since the upgrade initiates a return to the factory configuration settings and these wouldn't be different for someone without access to enabling configurations to begin with.
0 Likes 0 ·