question

bigal avatar image
bigal asked

BMV712 to NMEA2000

Hello,

Have I read correctly that the BMV712 cannot be used with the adapter cable which converts it to NMEA2000 to put on the boats network?

It seems odd that it does work with the BMV700 but not the 712?

If not does Venus OS or Venux GX now support output to NMEA2000 (via what cable?)

Thanks

Al

NMEA 2000 - N2K
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pilotmarcus avatar image pilotmarcus commented ·

I followed that advice and connected my 2 BMV712 as well as my MultiPlus Compact 12/2000 via VE.Can to NMEA 2000 cable to my CERBO GX. I read the instruction on https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/marine-mfd-integration-by-nmea2000.html but I'm still not sure how to configure each device in the VE.CAN setup. Accessing my NMEA network via a WIFI gateway (Yacht devices) and playing around with the instances does not seem to work to get access to each monitor separately. Is there some guidance how I can set that up? thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Bigal, that interface doesnt support it because basically we stopped development on that; better focus on adding NMEA2000 out to Venus OS / GX products.

Status of NMEA out on that for battery monitors is that is that it will be available as a beta version today or tomorrow: as soon as I’ve had time to write the changelog.

The required cable between GX Device and NMEA2000 network is the VE.Can to NMEA2000 cable.

GX Device NMEA out for Multis and Quattros is still in the works; not yet finished.

Good weekend,

Matthijs

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bigal avatar image bigal commented ·

Thanks Matthijs.

And that cable would be the same for Rasp Pi running Venus OS? (I am still a little undecided over Rasp Pi with Venus OS vs a Venus because the actual Venus already has ports, but I am pretty nerdy and like mucking about with customization)

What cable would I need to connect the BMV712 to the Rasp Pi?

Thanks

Al

0 Likes 0 ·

Of course Victron would recommend the VenusGX.

Please keep questions about Raspberry Pi’s to the modifications space. It is best for hobbies. https://community.victronenergy.com/spaces/31/index.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic