question

jos-sbr avatar image
jos-sbr asked

Maximum input current limit with multiplus II 48/5000/70-50 is 32A?

In the manual of the multiplus II 48/5000 / 70-50 it is written that the maximum input current limit can be set up to a maximum of 32A. At multiplus 48/5000 / 70-50 that is 50A. Is it correct that with multiplus II this is only 32A? I haven't tested it yet
Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Jos. Can you link us to where you've seen this?

All I can find is stuff like this: https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/MultiPlus-II-to-MultiGrid-and-MultiPlus-comparison-EN.pdf

Which isn't defined as a 'limit', rather a transfer switch rating.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jos-sbr avatar image
jos-sbr answered ·

https://www.victronenergy.nl/upload/documents/Manual-MultiPlus-II-24V-48V-3k-and-5k-230V-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE-IT.pdf

page 12 - AC input current limit 32A max

2 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

Yeh, ok. Well spotted. It's also mentioned on Page 9, but then also talks 3kVA for PowerAssist.

I suspect a 'remnant' from a staggered product release, but I'll see if I can rouse a definitive answer from a Victron staffer.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ JohnC ♦ commented ·

No more definitive than the CEO. Sunday too. Thanks Matthijs.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi,

Max input current limit for that model = 50A.

Transferswitch rating is the a different word for the same thing. We’ll fix this in the manual. Thanks!

2 |3000

jos-sbr avatar image
jos-sbr answered ·
Ok thanks, it's clear now. My project has 3 phase 40 A available, but sometimes I need a maximum of 60 A for a short time. I can now build the power assist installation with 3 X multiplus II.
2 |3000