question

auke avatar image
auke asked

Not able to start 3x Multiplus II 48/3000

Tried to start my multiphase MP2 48/3000 setup (3 units). 3P+n Fuse (B16 0,03A) tripped after a few seconds (MP2 in position 1). Wiring is ok (checked twice). Earth is also present (<0,6ohm). Fuse trips after about 20 seconds when the units are switching the outputs. No battery connected. No outputs connected. Is the main issue the RCD/MCB 3p+n B16 30mA (3-fasen aardlekautomaat in Dutch)?? Should I replace this for a C16 300 mA?? I like to keep the entire system below 16A. Solar system (8 Kw) is connected to AC in.

Please advice.

connection issue
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·

Hi 16A 30ma should work just fine, does it also happen with battery connected? System is not designed to work without

Do you have errors or alarms in gx device?

Does the system work without grid?

Did you try to start it without the pv?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

"No battery connected."

And that is your problem. Why there is no battery connected?

Without battery the capacitors have to be changed from the grid and that causes a huge inrush current.

Almost all Victron devices need to be connected to a battery to work properly.

1 comment
2 |3000

Duivert NL avatar image Duivert NL commented ·
Exactly!
0 Likes 0 ·
auke avatar image
auke answered ·

Battery did not arrive yet. Tried to start the units to check the overal status of the setup so far. Two of the three units were able to start (inrush current was just within limits after starting two times in a row) but the third one did trip the fuse continuos (ordered all 3 units together but the third one is slightly older model (screws of the connection access door are at the bottom instead of under a 45 degree angle to the front.

Ok, clear! Thank you for your answers. So, there is no real way to test the general status (connection to Cerbo Gx etc) till I receive the battery’s)

2 comments
2 |3000

Duivert NL avatar image Duivert NL commented ·
First thing to do is connect batteries and run ve bus configurator software to setup 3 phase, then configure the whole system with GX, only then its ready to test the system
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
If you want to damage your relays, trying to start without a battery is a good way to go about it.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic