question

davidb avatar image
davidb asked

Using a Macbook to program a multiplus

Is there specific software tools for mac OS as i don't own a windows computor?

VEConfigure 3macOS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Have a look at these options here

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/660/has-anyone-tried-using-veflash-via-wine.html

I have personally used parallels and VMware, they both work without issues.

Work is also underway for a native solution and a public beta will be available shortly.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cptjack avatar image cptjack commented ·

could you kindly you specify the term "shortly"?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ cptjack commented ·

It is still not declared public beta ready. No date, just when it's ready.

Obviously we are super excited for it too, but this has some risks so it must be only used by those that understand them, and know what to look for to make sure it is behaving.

Are you in a position to experiment with software in testing?

0 Likes 0 ·
mblowes avatar image
mblowes answered ·

I've just set up a Multiplus and used wine. Have used parallels in the past.. but wine if far simpler.

If you've ever ventured into the Terminal program on your Mac you probably have enough skill. .

The only trick I found not listed was to set my wine to map the USB as COM2. Ezy peezy after that.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/victron-dev-venus/GSftlA5xj1Y

2 |3000

sieade245 avatar image
sieade245 answered ·

Easy on parallels. Hardest part is waiting for windows to install. I used windows 7 64 bit installed from a usb stick. Don't need to use terminal and remap ports or anything, parallels does it for you.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic