question

lavapower avatar image
lavapower asked

MultiPlus-II not limiting AC input and showing inaccurate readings

Hi Everyone,

I'm having an issue with my MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 2x120V. We're at an older campground and we have a 30A single-phase power connection. I set the input power to 27.5A. It worked fine for about 24 hours and the breaker tripped outside, twice. Maybe because of the low voltage? That might have made the 27.5A too much. The inverter went into overload despite it not assisting at the time.

Now, I'm not getting any AC input or AC output readings on the GX screen and the AC input limit is not working. I set it all the way down to 15A and it's pulling nearly 32A so I can't get it to stop tripping the breaker. I've already reset the entire system by cutting AC power, solar, and disconnected the batteries and this didn't help.

I can also confirm this behavior via VE.Configure on the laptop. The Multiplus is receiving the input limit and the erroneous numbers match.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

img-9051.jpegimg-9052.jpegimg-9053.jpegimg-9054.jpegimg-9055.jpegimg-9056.jpeg

Multiplus-II
img-9051.jpeg (2.7 MiB)
img-9052.jpeg (3.9 MiB)
img-9053.jpeg (3.9 MiB)
img-9054.jpeg (4.7 MiB)
img-9055.jpeg (4.2 MiB)
img-9056.jpeg (3.2 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
lavapower avatar image
lavapower answered ·

I wouldn't say it's resolved but I have it working for now. I was getting ready to disconnect the entire unit from AC and DC power and let it sit for an hour to complete discharge, etc. when I removed the VE.Bus cable then was distracted by the kids. While I was talking to them, maybe 3-5 minutes later, I heard some humming and saw the Multiplus had begun assisting (flashing inverter light) on its own based on the 15A input limit I had set as indicated in the photos. I plugged the VE.Bus cable back in and it started showing the correct information for AC input and AC loads.

One thing I did not mention earlier because I didn't notice it until after I made the original post is that the Multiplus was hot to the touch, but not yet shutting down due to temperature.

Here are my new questions: Why did the unit start malfunctioning after 2 breaker trips and possibly getting too hot? What happened when I removed the VE.Bus cable for 5 minutes? Why did it not recover on its own? Could it be a software bug? All this occurred hours after I made the original post and the unit was cool to the touch.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lavapower avatar image
lavapower answered ·

I'm only going to bump this once since I posted on the weekend. Does anyone from Victron have any input on this issue?

Thank you,

Stephen

2 |3000