question

henklor avatar image
henklor asked

Multiplus compact 12/2000 switching between charge and inverter

We have a Multiplus Compact 12/2000 with a Digital Multicontrol.

Symptom.

When we start the generator the AC output of the inverter briefly goes to "bulk charge" and then quick back to "inverter" mode.

When setting the switch to “charge only” it briefly switches for a few seconds to “bulk charge” where after it goes right back to “inverter” as well. It keeps repeating this.

I checked the inverter ACinput voltage / frequency: 125VAC and 60.2 HZ, well within spec.

The dipswicthes are set as follow:

All: off except for 4

Any idea what this could be?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Henk. You're either overloading the genny (inverter gennies susceptible), or the Multi is rejecting power quality.

If an overload, a light on the genny's second output is useful to indicate that happening. Try limiting it's input on the MultiControl.

If rejection, see here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

Dipswitches may be inadequate to fix this (not going there), so you may need an MK3 adaptor/etc to satisfy your needs.

This issue isn't uncommon with a lot of gennies (unfortunately), and all you can really do is try to nail down the issue, then adapt to it. You're not alone, I suffer it too.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

henklor avatar image
henklor answered ·

Thanks JohnC. Indeed it looks like I have to disable the UPS function. I will have to order the Programming kit.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic