question

graham avatar image
graham asked

Modern washing machine will not run with New Multiplus 12/3000/120

One of my clients has emailed me with this

I have a Victron 12|3000|120 Inverter and a Hoover VisionTech auto washing machine. The inverter is set to defaults(50Hz)The washing machine will not run at all, front LED panel lights up, no valves, pumps or motors run. I have plugged an older auto washing machine into this inverter that works fine. I have plugged my Hoover washing machine into a 9 year old Victron Inverter of identical spec, works fine. So the problem appears to be between the new inverter, 6 months old and this new washing machine.

I have tried running a resistive load at the same time 100w and 1000w. I have disconnected the ring main and plugged the inverter in directly. No change.

Any thoughts Hive mind, as drawing blanks here, maybe for firmwear?

Anyone any ideas?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
max-b avatar image
max-b answered ·

I have no authority to answer beside my own experience :

In our house we have an induction cooking device. It work well on the Multiplus, but refused to work on the "raw" power from an alternator driven by an hydro turbine. Most probably because of not perfect 50Hz frequency or slight variation of it.

In your situation, did you mesure the exact frequency of the old Multiplus compared to the new ? Are you sure the washing machine is 50hz designed ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

graham avatar image graham commented ·
Unfortunately I am not on site, so frequency of the Multiplus not measured - but it is definitely a 50Hz machine. Never found a Multiplus more that 0.5Hz out
0 Likes 0 ·
svenjoy avatar image
svenjoy answered ·

I have a similar problem, and the VRM display shows 50 hz, with a small 0.5 wobble. Was this ever solved? I see a number of these messages all starting around September. I'm wondering if it is a firmware release from around that time.

2 |3000