question

steve-s avatar image
steve-s asked

Quattro 3000 24v Internal Temp Alrm

Hi,

I am having an issue with the internal temp warning and it’s doing my head in. Inverter is off overnight and I generally recharge by generator in the morning. I will switch to charge only and it will immediately go into internal temp warning then alarm. (Flash then solid). Same for inverter. Key points:

1. Temp of circuit board is around 30ºc so well within parameters

2. Circuit board is clean and free of dust.

3. System will randomly work ok. Last 2 day were fine. Today, not so much.

4. Disconnected battery temp sensor (I’d heard this can be a problem)

5. All connectors are clean and tight.

6. Fault occurs whether generator is on or off.

7. Battery voltage seems ok.

I have tried multiple configurations and seem to get the same error. I have read that I’m not the first with this problem but can find any actual solution. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

temperaturefault
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
steve-s avatar image
steve-s answered ·

I don’t want to get ahead of myself but I may have isolated the problem.

CHECK THAT ALL RIBBON CONNECTORS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PCB ARE CLEAN AND PROPERLY SEATED.

I spent the best part of a week trying to figure out why my temp alarm was immediately activating on startup. I had resigned myself to a motherboard replacement and was looking at how I would remove the faulty board. It was subtle but I noticed that one of the ribbon connectors looked slightly askew. I gave it a light press and the temp light went out. Everything now seems to be running fine. If anything changes, I will update.

I could not find any clear solution to this problem on the internet (and it seems to be common) so if this helps one person I will be happy. Off to the pub for a pint!!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Faults with Victron equipment are best discussed directly with your dealer - this can be formalised with this support request form.