question

Tim avatar image
Tim asked

2 x 60 watt panels in series with Victron BlueSolar MPPT Charge Controller 12/24 - 40A (2013 model) possible?

Hi guys,

I am hoping you could help me out. I have 2 x 60 watt solar panels of 12 volt (Voc 22,18 per panel, see below) and an AGM battery of 12 volt. I will connect them in series while I have to cover quite a distance from the panels to my shed where the charge controller, battery etc is. This makes a Voc of 44,36, right? I already have an ‘older’ Victron MPPT controller (40A). See specs below. I am not sure though how to interpret the numbers? Can I use this controller with my panel setup? My doubts are with the ‘Max PV open circuit array voltage’. How do I read this? Is this based on my battery (12V)? Or based on how I wired my panels (24V)?

Hope you can help!

Regards,

Tim

MPPT Controllers
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Do you have the exact model number of your MPPT?

0 Likes 0 ·
Tim avatar image Tim Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Guy, yes I have. See below.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The Answer is NO as Max O/C on a 12 volt system is 28V

The full manual can be downloaded here

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-BlueSolar-MPPT-Charge-Controller-12V-24V-40A-EN_FR_DE_ES.pdf

1569734533944.png (25.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.