question

andreatarta avatar image
andreatarta asked

220Vac inverter without battery

Hello all!

I would like to receive your help to define what products I need for my setup:

- I have 1500W solar panel (60 cells)

- I would like to connect directly them to an inverter without battery at the moment

- The system must automatically switch (ATS) from grid to solar inverter in the case in which solar cannot supply the needed power

- Must be avoided to send energy to the grid

It's possible to have this setup with victron products?

Thank you

Andrea

inverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ee21 avatar image
ee21 answered ·

I do not think so. Victron Inverters are not Solar Charge Controllers or PV Inverters, Victron makes Solar Charge Controllers, but you will always need at least a small battery to my knowledge as a buffer. Otherwise you will get too much voltage swing on the DC side when the loads fluctuate on the AC side, the inverter will not be able to compensate and shutdown either in a high voltage or low voltage condition.

What it sounds like you are looking for is a PV Inverter that supports 0 Feed In. The Foronius PV Inverters definitely support this, but I think you need additional equipment such as a Victron inverter upstream in order to get that functionality to work.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic