question

Rune Eilertsen avatar image
Rune Eilertsen asked

Quattro AC output over voltage when peak loads turn off

Hi, i have a setup where it was wanted to adjust ac voltage up.
(From 230 volt, up to 240 volt.)(3 phase quattro 10k and quattro 15k setup)

but when do, we now and then after peak loads get ve bus error #5, high voltage error.

Can it be that the ve configure settings allow up to 245volt is not fully implemented in alarm Limits in firmware?

We did not see this error before we adjusted the volt output.

and VE configure says ok up to 245 volt.
this maybe would need a new firmware?

overvoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

I think this is most likely due to the very small hysteresis between 240V normal and 245V high voltage threshold.

A large load turning off suddenly may raise the AC output voltage, especially if there is also another AC supply (like a generator or AC solar inverter).

Perhaps try increasing the high voltage threshold to 250V and see if that resolves the issue.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rune Eilertsen avatar image Rune Eilertsen commented ·

Ok, will,look in to that.

we do not have any ac input, or any ac solarchargers connected, as well as charger is deactivated.

i was think the ac tresholds was for ac input source.. not regards the inverter output.?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Rune Eilertsen commented ·

Ahh, you are correct. I misunderstood.

What did you mean by this "VE configure says ok up to 245 volt."? Or were you also referring to that same AC input cutoff threshold?

Is the system on VRM? That would be ideal to have a look there.

Can you give me some more information about the system? What is the battery bank size, load size, PV array size and what time of day is it happening?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rune Eilertsen avatar image Rune Eilertsen Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

36kwh lithium battery,

i was refer to the ve configure allow me to chose output volt up to 245 in data input for ac volt output.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rune Eilertsen avatar image Rune Eilertsen Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

The system is on vrm, so its possible to access data

0 Likes 0 ·
Rune Eilertsen avatar image Rune Eilertsen commented ·

We have no ac input or other ac source connected. The quattro only do non stop inverting.

i was think the settings you mention was a ac input treshold Only?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic