question

Ken Bryant avatar image
Ken Bryant asked

bmv 712 relay

I am wanting to know if i can use the SOC connect and the low starter input at the same time..

EX. My lithium bank house will connect to the chassis ( alternator ) when soc is 50% and disco when they hit 90%. ( ignition on )

Also, when the motor home sits, i would like the starter battery to connect to the lithium bank when it falls below 12v.

Thoughts ?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

That is an interesting combination.

But yes - as long as it is switching the same DC relay/contactor to make or break the circuit it should work.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ken Bryant avatar image
Ken Bryant answered ·

Thanks for the reply.

" interesting " as in bad ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ commented ·

No problem.

No not really bad, just thinking outside the box a little.

0 Likes 0 ·
cdgatti avatar image
cdgatti answered ·

Ken, did you ever set this up? How'd it work? I was thinking the same thing to have a Li trolling motor bank (24V) keep my starter FLA battery topped off, through a 24/12 converter with the BMV-712 relay.

2 |3000