question

nos avatar image
nos asked

Mppt100/20 loads

Hi I’m running a Victron mppt 100/20 on my jayco camper that has a factory setec batt system, I’m wondering if while on shore power unplugging loads from the setec system ie ceiling lights and wiring them to the 100/20 load outputs as to use the Victron app to monitor power usage etc , is using battery power that would have otherwise been supplied straight from the shore power and converted to 12v via the setec system

I understand the battery is being charged on shorepower too but the setec only provides 10 amps so if my mppt loads exceed 10 amps I’m draining the batt while on shore power which is obviously not ideal

Hope this makes sense

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Nos. If your Setec is just suppling dc loads and charging batts, then just wire your 'lights' permanently to the Victron LOAD outputs. Both the mppt and Setec should be able to provide concurrent charge to the batts if wired in parallel, so it should be fine.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.