question

ako avatar image
ako asked

5kva Multiplus 1 wiring

Looked at a friends system today as he plans to uprade from Lead Acid to Lithium . I noticed that unlike my system where i take Batteries , MPPTs etc to Bus bars then on to my Multiplus the guy who fitted his some years ago hasn't used any Bus Bars and taken everything direct to the 5kw Multiplus and used its internal connectors as Busbars each one with 4 connectors , Generator , 2 x MPPTs and Batteries . Is this a conventional way of wiring them and is it better or worse than using Separate Bus Bars .

busbar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·

thats not how its supposed to be wired, should not double connectors on each other, connections could be damaged by doing so

bus bar is the way to go

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Bus bar is the only acceptable way.

Yep lug stacking = bad

It means heat build up.

Lug stacking means inefficiencies.

Lug stacking means poor current sharing.

Lag stacking can also mean fire....

Especially if stacked badly -not that stacking is ever good. I mean two is the absolute outside and even then the order of stack is important.

1 Like 1 ·
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

Agreed. My supplier suggested that it was OK to have the battery and MPPT lugs on the Multi terminals (in that order), and it has been no trouble, but that is the limit of stacking I think acceptable.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic