question

sam-adam avatar image
sam-adam asked

Multiplus 1148/5000/70 not auto charging off grid at times

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can assist. I have a 48/5000/70Multiplus ii, connected to an MPPT 150/70Tr. The problem I am experiencing is that when GRID power is available then at times the inverter is not recharging through GRID power unless I switch off the inverter and switch it on again. Then it starts charging the batteries. I have had my installation for a couple of weeks now and I have had to get the system to recharge through GRID power about 5 times now. Is it a setting, or might something be faulty? Please if anyone can assist it would be most appreciated.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

When you turn the multiplus II off and back on this resets the unit to Bulk/Absorption mode

then after the absorption time period thats been set in the unit has lapsed it goes back to float mode, this is at lower voltage, so if all the settings are correct this is doing what it should do

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic