question

Tony Correlli avatar image
Tony Correlli asked

Can I view and graph AC shore power voltage?

I have been dealing with L1 Overload shut downs my system. It appears I am having voltage drops 103-107 range from standard 115 volts. I was trying to find out why and when the voltage from the shore power is dropping.

voltage drop
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Tony Correlli

In VRM advanced you can view voltage amps and frequency in graph form. Do you have a GX?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tony Correlli answered ·

Hello Alexander

Thank you for your response Yes I do have the GX will that graph the AC volts in? I’m trying to see at what point the the L1 overload comes on

Thanks

2 |3000

neptuneuk avatar image
neptuneuk answered ·

Hi @Tony Correlli

Are you using a victron Multiplus / Quatro or similar?

Simply go to the 'Advanced Tab' in VRM, click on the 'Widget' selector (three slider icon, top right) select your relevant VE.Bus device.

Select the data you want to graph (in your case it sounds like 'AC Input Voltage And Current'). Just click on it and you'll get a tick to indicate it's selected.

That's it you'll now have a graphical representation of the data from that point forward in VRM via a widget.

You can also insert an sdcard and take your Cerbo offline, the Cerbo will then log to the SDCard.

When your ready (e.g you've duplicated your fault / overload condition) you can use the Victron Connect app to convert the file on the SDCard into xls format and see all the data that would have been uploaded to VRM on a PC / laptop, create graphs and maybe more easily spot any pattern etc that maybe indicate what conditions create the fault condition.

Then when your ready put your cerbo back on line and it will sync all the data it collected when offline with your VRM installation so you also have everything there too.

I've included an example file so you have some idea of the data you can get (it'll be all your system connected device data, and detailed dates/times).

EXAMPLE-cerbogxdata.xlsx

You may find the following useful: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/vrm-portal.html#UUID-3cf91dd1-3775-151a-ea93-ec2a14399852

2 |3000

Tony Correlli answered ·

Thanks neptuenuk, that did. I have this long enough that I should have know. Thanks again. TC

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic