question

jeremias avatar image
jeremias asked

multiplus voltage sensor

The voltage sensor is used to have a correct voltage when there is a voltage drop in the cables? I know it works when the battery is charged but it works when the battery will be discharged?

Multiplus-IIvoltage drop
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Are you asking about the DC voltage measured by the multiplus? This simply measures and reports what it measures at its end. Charging follows from the measured voltage.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jeremias avatar image jeremias commented ·

I mean Dc auxiliary voltage sensor

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ jeremias commented ·
@Jeremias the "voltage compensation" input on the multi?

0 Likes 0 ·
jeremias avatar image jeremias klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Yes
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ jeremias commented ·

Or voltage of the feed to a second battery?

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@Jeremias @kevgermany yes the reported voltage is as per voltage at the battery.

Note 1. The multi will still keep track of voltage ripple at its dc input terminals.

Note 2. I suspect that the multi will throw an alarm should there be an abnormal difference between the battery voltage, and the voltage at the multis input dc terminals.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes