question

maxwhitby avatar image
maxwhitby asked

BVM-700 AND CERBO GX

Hello and greetings from Northumberland in the UK.

I would like to monitor my 48V battery SOC, current and voltage at a location ~ 10m away from my equipment room. Is it possible to use a BMV-700 connected to my Cerbo GX using a VE.Direct cable for this purpose please? In my system SOC is calculated using a Lynx Shunt and that is the SOC percentage I would like to have displayed on the remote BVP-700. Can one cycle through the different parameters (SOC, voltage, current) using the buttons on the BMV-700?

Presumably in this case – if my request is possible – then there would be no ned to connect the BMV-700 shunt?

regards and thank you for your help.

Max Whitby

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@maxwhitby

No, the lynx cannot be displayed on the bmv 700 display.

You would have you have both the SOC devices synchronised. (And then wondering if they are synchronised.) this means setting the same things onto the bmv 700 as on the lynx. The bmv 700 shunt installed

The manual descibes where to find the settings.

However if it is up to date enough you can connect the 700 to the cerbo and use the vrm to programm it with victron connect. Programming doen the same way you would with a smart shunt as if on blue tooth.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
If you want to go the long way...

These are the parameters you need to know..

Press set up for 2 seconds use + & - to move. Select to choose a parameter.

01. Battery capacity

02. Charged voltage.

03. Tail current

04. Charge detection time

05. Peukerts

06. Charge efficiency factor

Other one to know

62. Restore default

0 Likes 0 ·